EMIR in DC
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for the EMIR in DC is currently $1,500 per credit, making the total cost for the 30-credit program $45,000, using rates applicable for 2017-18. Note that tuition rates are subject to reassessment and may change each academic year.
Financing Your Degree
When evaluating how to pay for your master's degree, there may be a number of resources available to you, including tuition assistance from your employer, scholarships, and student loan programs. In addition, you may be eligible to apply for the following to assist in paying your tuition:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 in Direct Unsubsidized Loans per academic year, regardless of personal or spousal income.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan: All graduate students are potentially eligible to apply for Graduate PLUS loan funding each academic year. This credit-based loan can be used to cover tuition and fees, and provide you with funding for living expenses up to the cost of attendance.
- Private Loans: Students who require additional assistance may apply for education loans through private lenders.
- Employer Sponsorship: Check with your employer's personnel or human resources division regarding tuition.
- Veterans Benefits: Students are eligible to explore the use of VA Education Benefits to fund their graduate program. For more information, contact the VA or the Veterans' Resource Center on campus.
Applying for Financial Aid
If you intend to apply for financial aid, you should begin the process as soon as possible. To apply, complete these steps:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Syracuse's school code is 002882.
- Complete your application for admission to the program. We encourage you to apply for financial aid at the same time you complete your program application.
Contact us to request further information.