Roommate Selection Questionnaire
Please use the TAB key to navigate between fields, as hitting the ENTER key will prematurely submit your form.
You will receive a post-back message on your computer screen once you hit the SUBMIT button at the bottom of this form letting you know that your form has been successfully submitted.
1. What time do you usually go to sleep?
1) Early To Bed (10:00pm)
2) Before Midnight
3) Around Midnight
4) After Midnight
5) Stay Up Into the Wee Hours
1. What time do you usually wake up?
2. Are you a light or a heavy sleeper?
1) Everything Wakes Me Up
2) Somewhat Light Sleeper
3) Somewhere in the Middle
4) I Can Sleep Through Most Things
5) I Sleep Like the Dead
3. Do you prefer music/TV loud or quiet?
1) I like a very, very quiet living space
2) Some noise is okay but mostly quiet
3) I'm okay with a moderate level of background noise
4) I like a lively living space
5) I could live in a NASCAR arena
5. Is your living space usually very neat and orderly or not very organized?
1) I like everything in it's place at all times
2) My stuff is where it belongs most of the time
3) Things get scattered during the week, but I put them back where they belong in a day or two
4) I know the general vicintiy of most of my belongings
5) I have no idea where anything is
6. How frequently do you clean your room?
1) Every day
2) Every couple of days
3) Once a week
4) Once every two weeks
5) When I can't walk across the floor
7. Do you clean up the kitchen after you use it?
8. How would you describe yourself - very talkative and expressive, or quiet and reserved?
1) Very talkative and expressive
2) Fairly talkative and expressive
3) Equal parts talkative and quiet
4) Fairly quiet and reserved
5) Very quiet and reserved
9. Do you prefer a roommate who is very social or not very social?
1) Very social and outgoing
2) Fairly social and outgoing
3) Somewhere in the middle
4) More of an introvert
10. Describe yourself using personality stereotypes (for example: quiet, private, independent, sociable, voluble, self-contained, serious, fun-loving, easy-going, intense, easily worried, unflappable, etc.)
11. Do you want to know when your roommate is having guests over?
1) Yes, with 30 days notice and security clearance
2) A few days notice is good
3) Only if they are overnight guests
4) It's nice, but not mandatory
5) If they won't be in my room, I don't care
14. Smoking is not allowed in the apartments or classrooms, and is discouraged in many restaurants and office buildings in DC. Do you smoke? If not, are you willing to live with someone who does smoke?
1) I am allergic and can't live with someone who smokes outside
2) I'd prefer not to live with someone who smokes outside
3) It doesn't bother me if they smoke outside
15. Do you have any personality quirks or pet peeves that we should know about when matching you with a roommate?
17. Are there any individuals in this program that you would like to request to live with in the same room/apartment? Are there other specific requests that we should consider?