Welcome to the IR Club!
The International Relations Program would like to welcome all SU undergraduates with an interest in international affairs to the IR Club.
The club will focus on a range of themes for future meetings, such as IR careers, internships, cultural education, international holidays, foreign service, and international conflicts. Events will include academic and practitioner speakers, films with an international focus, and panel discussions.
The IR Club faculty advisor is Dr. Terrie Northrup.
Acting Pres. - Zhongyi "Johnny" Zhang
Secretary - Katie Conti
Treasurer - Vicky Chan
Social Media Chair - Bianca Castro
Graphic Designer - Yaqi Kang
Let your voice be heard! Vote for your executive board of the IR Club on Tuesday, March 28th.
SU Career Services and the IR Club present "Online Networking - LinkedIn"
The IR Club invites you to join them for their general interest meeting and to learn the Club's plans for this semester.
A Maxwell faculty panel with Profs. Glyn Morgan and Dimitar Gueorguiev to discuss how the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election will affect American relations and policies in other regions.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 6:00pm in 225B Eggers Hall. Refreshments will be served.
Join us on Tuesday, October 11 at 6:00 in Maxwell 111 for "Speed Chatting." Connect with other students who have an interest in international relations for quick chats about global affairs, world experiences and more!
Previous events have included:
- A panel with Maxwell faculty: A View from Africa, Europe and Korea
- Mirjahon Turdiyev, Disability in Usbekistan through Human Rights Lenses of International Agencies
- San Thida, Experiencing Myanmar with International Relations Club
- Chinese New Year celebration
- A discussion led by students from both mainland China and Hong Kong regarding the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong
- Diwali celebration (The Festival of Lights) with Professor Susan Wadley
- Young Scholars presentation about teenage refugees
- Trivia Night