Poster Requirements and Suggestions
Posters will be printed in a 30" x 40" format and must be submitted as PDFs. The Maxwell School will be responsible for printing your poster and affixing it to a display board. Final posters should be submitted via Blackboard to
the Maxwell School Celebration of Undergraduate Scholarship organization by 11:59 pm on April 26, 2018 for printing. No late submissions can be accepted.
We recommend the following when designing your poster:
- Use PowerPoint or Adobe Illustrator to design your poster.
- Design your poster in the 30" x 40" size before converting it to a PDF. Designing the poster at a smaller size and then scaling up a PDF will reduce picture quality.
- Do not use a textured background for your poster. The use of color is fine, but textured and patterned backgrounds make the printing process more difficult.
- A number of campus computer labs provide access to the appropriate Adobe software.
- If you are capturing images from a website, pictures should be no less than 300 pixels per inch to ensure good resolution at large sizes.
- Watch this video on poster sessions.
- Additional resources on designing research posters (including recommended software and design layout) can be found here (link to poster tips 1)
and here (link to poster tips 2).
- Make sure to include your name and research title on your poster.
Please use one of these Maxwell logos for your posters.
Check out some of these sample posters for presentation and design ideas.
Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3
Sample 4 Sample 5 Sample 6
Sample 7 Sample 8