Poster Requirements and Suggestions
Research posters must document original research carried out as part of a social science upper division research seminar course, Maxwell department Distinction Program, or Honors Project. Poster session participants are required to attend the poster session on May 17, 2021, via virtual platform to discuss their research with event attendees during. Posters will be voted on by those attending the event. All posters must be submitted via Blackboard by 11:59 pm on May 12, 2021. No late submissions can be accepted.
We recommend the following when designing your poster:
- Use PowerPoint or Adobe Illustrator to design your poster.
- A number of campus computer labs provide access to the appropriate Adobe software.
- If you are capturing images from a website, pictures should be no less than 300 pixels per inch to ensure good resolution at large sizes.
- Additional resources on designing research posters including recommended software and design layout can be found here (link to poster tips).
- Make sure to include your name and research title on your poster.
Please use one of these Maxwell logos for your posters.
Check out some of these sample posters for presentation and design ideas.