Maxwell Faculty Council
The purpose of the Faculty Council of the Maxwell School is to provide the faculty with a group of representative peers to act on its behalf in certain circumstances including, (a) to critically examine the merits of ideas about and proposals for the
School brought to it by the dean and others, (b) to participate on its own initiative in developing and revising polices for consideration by the faculty and appropriate academic officials of the School, and (d) to appoint the members of the Committee
on Scholarship and Research.
In accordance with the Maxwell Faculty Bylaws, three members of the Council are elected annually to staggered three-year terms.
Maxwell faculty members with business for the Council's attention should contact the Council Chair, Rebecca Schewe at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any member of the Council.
Maxwell Faculty Council Members
- Chris DeCorse (2019-22), Anthropology
- Mary Lovely (2020-23), Economics
- Gladys McCormick (2020-23), History
- Devashish Mitra (2019-22), Economics
- Glyn Morgan (2018-21), Political Science
- Rebecca Schewe (2018-21), Sociology, chair
- Theresa Singleton (2018-21), Anthropology, secretary
- Jamie Winders (2019-22), Geography and the Environment
- Emily Wiemers (2020-23), Public Administration and International Affairs
Maxwell Faculty Council Meetings
The Maxwell Faculty Council meets as a full council once a month. Maxwell Faculty Council documents, including meeting minutes, may be found on the G drive folder named “Maxwell Faculty Council-kjbliss-S19”.
Look for MAX-Filer --> Collab --> Maxwell Faculty Council-kjbliss-S19. If you have questions about how to connect to the Maxwell Faculty Council G drive, contact Maxwell's ICT team at email@example.com.