Alumni Ambassador Program
The Syracuse University Maxwell School welcomes enthusiastic and experienced alumni to help give back to the School!
We're seeking alumni from any undergraduate or graduate program to become official ambassadors for the Maxwell School through the Alumni Ambassador program.
Alumni Ambassadors will help to represent, expand and engage a robust network.
Why should you be an Alumni Ambassador?
As an ambassador, you will play a vital role in helping the Maxwell community grow, all while staying connected to Maxwell in a variety of capacities!
Alumni Ambassadors will have access to a variety of perks to thank you for your service. Ambassadors get:
- Exclusive Maxwell swag
- Special Recognition at Orange Central, Syracuse University’s annual Homecoming and Reunion celebration
- Access to world renowned alumni
- Special events
- Opportunities to pay it forward
What does an Alumni Ambassador do?
As a volunteer, Ambassadors have a large selection of options in which to participate. Many activities involve connecting with prospective students in-person or online and sharing your personal stories and perspectives on the Maxwell experience.
We will provide training for Ambassadors to know the latest and greatest from Maxwell, as well as best practices on how to engage prospective students, answers to common questions and more!
We want your feedback too!
As an Alumni Ambassador, you will have opportunities to weigh in on how to better recruit and retain students at Maxwell, provide feedback on programming and ideas for new events!
How can I become a Maxwell Alumni Ambassador?
Here's a quick checklist of things you need to be a top candidate for the Alumni Ambassador Program:
- Must apply by the deadline
- Must have graduated from Maxwell with an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have authentic enthusiasm for Maxwell
- Cannot be an education consultant or agent
What happens after I am selected?
- You will be required to attend a training session.
- At the training session, you will learn all the details regarding the program, expectations and commitment level along with an overview of how you will engage with prospective students.
- You will then be asked to provide updated contact information and sign an agreement.
- Wait for your Maxwell Alumni Ambassador polo shirt to arrive—and start connecting with future members of the Maxwell community!
For more information
Cory J. Meyers
Director of Enrollment Management
Christopher N. Anderson
Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
Jessica Murray G’13
Director of Alumni Relations
As alumni, another way to help is to connect with current Maxwell undergraduate students for career conversations. Sharing your advice and career journey takes a short amount of time, can be done by phone or video, and makes a big difference to their
To get started, fill out this online form and we’ll take it from there! If you have any questions, contact Matt Wheeler, Associate Director of Alumni