Alumni Ambassador Program
The Maxwell School needs your enthusiasm and experience! Become an Alumni Ambassador and introduce Maxwell to prospective students during the admission and enrollment process. Give back to the Maxwell community by helping it grow.
This program is an opportunity for you to stay connected to Maxwell while giving back to your school. In addition to knowing that you are actively helping to advance Maxwell’s mission, Alumni Ambassador volunteers will receive recognition from the Dean
during the annual Orange Central event as well as on the Maxwell website and in various other communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Alumni Ambassador volunteer, you will have the choice of types of activities in which to participate. Below are the initial options that will be implemented:
Website listing: Having your name, program/major, graduation year, current job title, photo (optional) and email address listed on the Maxwell website for individual, direct correspondence with prospective students.
Phone outreach: Participating in phone calling campaigns to speak with admitted students. (NOTE: graduate-level alumni only)
Email outreach: Sending individual emails to admitted students.
Coffee chats: Participate in coffee chats (in person or virtually) with admitted students.
On-campus events: Attending on-campus admission events such as Open House, Information Sessions, and Admitted Student Days.
Off-campus events: Attending off-campus admission events such as, but not limited to, regional receptions with an admission or alumni staff member, individual or small-group gatherings, and attendance at graduate school fairs.
Online events: Participation in online admission events such as webinars, virtual receptions, and online chats.
Social engagement: Sharing Maxwell-related content and engaging with prospective students and their influencers via popular social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn—including via our private LinkedIn group for accepted Maxwell
- Be a champion for the Maxwell School!
- Refer prospective students who may be a good fit to the Maxwell School.
Receive and complete our Alumni Ambassador volunteer training. The training will be offered in person (when possible) and virtually, and will involve the following aspects:
- how to effectively engage prospective students, families, and other influencers;
- remaining current on the Maxwell student experience;
- having a broad understanding and baseline knowledge of our academic offerings, application processes, and admission timelines;
- discerning when and how to refer someone to an appropriate Maxwell employee; and
- understanding applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain regular communication with the Director of Enrollment Management, Director of Alumni Relations, and/or designated representative(s).
- Commit to being an active participant throughout the year (service may vary based on your volunteer options, but we expect you to be actively engaged in the program).
- Commit to annual assessment of your volunteer experience with the Office of Enrollment Management and Office of Alumni Relations and provide constructive feedback on the Program.
- Serve as a volunteer for one year with an opportunity to renew commitment to the program each year.
- Abide by relevant rules and regulations, including:
- accurately and truthfully represent and promote the Maxwell School;
- refrain from disparaging comparisons of other institutions and/or programs;
- not accept or offer rewards or remuneration from students or influencers.
- Must be a graduate of a Maxwell School undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Must have authentic enthusiasm for supporting Maxwell and maintain a positive view of the School
- Must be an effective and empathetic communicator
- Must not be a private educational consultant or agent
- Depending on volunteer options, ability to travel to and from on- and off-campus events (travel expenses are not reimbursed by Maxwell)
For more information
Cory J. Meyers
Director of Enrollment Management
Christopher N. Anderson
Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
Jessica Walcott Murray G’13
Director of Alumni Relations
As alumni, another way to help is to connect with current Maxwell undergraduate students for career conversations. Sharing your advice and career journey takes a short amount of time, can be done by phone or video, and makes a big difference to their development.
To get started, fill out this online form and we’ll take it from there! If you have any questions, contact Matt Wheeler, Associate Director of Alumni Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org).