Biological Anthropology / Caribbean and Latin America / United States
Distinctions and Awards
- 2014 Student Paper Prize, Biological Anthropology Section: "Enamel, Stone, and Gold: Probing Composite Mouths and Personhood in Nineteenth Century New York City," American Anthropological Association Meetings.
- 2012 Phi Beta Kappa, Beta of Illinois
Grants and Funding
- 2014 Roscoe-Martin Fund for Research, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Policy, Syracuse University
- 2014 Department of Anthropology Summer Funding
- 2013 Roscoe-Martin Fund for Research, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Policy, Syracuse University
- 2013 University Fellowship, Syracuse University (4-year funding program)
ANT 141 :
Introduction to Prehistoric Archaeology.
Syracuse University, Fall 2014.
- ANT 131:Introduction to Biological Anthropology,
Conference Papers Presented
- 2014 "Enamel, Stone, and Gold: Probing Composite Mouths and Personhood in Nineteenth Century New York City." First author, with Lauren Hosek. America Anthropological Association 113
Annual Meeting, Washington D.C., December 6, 2014.
- 2014 The Body as Assemblage: Dental Prosthetics in 19
Century New York City." First author, with Lauren Hosek. Presented at Bioarchaeologists' Northeast Regional Dialogue, Ithaca, New York, October 5, 2014.
- 2014 "The Death Knell and a Plague Proclaimed: A Microhistorical Approach to an 1854
- Cholera Epidemic" presented at the Syracuse University Department of History Graduate Student Conference, Syracuse, New York March 21, 2014
Organizing Conferences and Conference Sessions
- "The Bones and the Worms: Bioarchaeology as Microhistory." Co-organized session for the American Anthropological Association 113
Annual Meeting in Washington D.C., December 6, 2014.
- 2014-2015 President, Anthropology Graduate Student Organization (AGSO)
- 2013-2014 Anthropology Grad Talk coordination, Anthropology Graduate Student Organization, (AGSO)
- "What is bioarchaeology?" Career Fair Presentation. Starr Elementary School. New Richmond, WI. May 2014