Internship and Career Opportunities
Looking for some work experience? Want to know what it would be like to dip your toe into the public sector, private sector, or non-profits? CCE is a great major to receive hands on skills and knowledge you need to get a jump start on your future career.
Syracuse University has many different avenues for internship and career development.
- CCE, in collaboration with other undergraduate programs within the Maxwell School, offer specific professional development workshops each semester to help you narrow down your interests, enhance your resume and learn to tell your story. Check the calendar or contact the office for dates and more information.
- The Maxwell Center for Career Development has many free resources on it's website. You can view career guides, watch videos and navigate through their tips and ideas for students interested in Public Administration, International Affairs and other Social Science careers. While this office is tailored towards our graduate programs, many undergraduates are able to utilize their information online.
- Syracuse University Career Services is the campus wide resource for internships and careers. Orange Link is the system used on campus to search for jobs and internships. Career Services has drop in hours Monday-Thursday for resume help, cover letter advice, etc. You can also check out their class year specific career guides for Freshman/Sophomores and Junior/Seniors.
Previous CCE Students have had internships with:
- The State Department
- Syracuse Community Geography
- The Near East Foundation
- Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul
- Congressman John Katko
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Senator Charles Schumer
- The New York State Assembly
- Syracuse City Hall
- La Casita Cultural Center
- PEW Research Center
- Education Trust
- and many, many more.