Aging Seminar Series
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
This seminar series is an activity of the Center for Demography and Economics of Aging, which is funded by National Institute on Aging Grant No. P20-AG12837.
- September 3. Douglas Wolf (Syracuse University). "An Introduction to Current Research within the Center for Demography and Economics of Aging."
- September 10. Eric Kingson (Syracuse University). "A National Conversation on Social Security: Can It Bring Order to a Policy Mess?"
- September 17. Andrew Houtenville (Syracuse University). "Inequality Reaches Germany: A Cross-National Comparison of Permanent Inequality in the United States and Germany in the 1990s."
- September 24. Robert Schoeni (Council of Economic Advisers and RAND Corporation). "Social Security, Economic Growth, and the Rise of Independence of Elderly Widows in the 20th Century."
- October 1. Hakan Aykan (Syracuse University). "Re-weighting the Second Supplement on Aging to the 1994 National Health Interview Survey for Trend Analysis."
- October 8. Diane Macunovich (Syracuse University). "The Effect of Changing Age Structure on Personal Consumption Expenditures in the United States, 1900-1993."
- October 15. Jennifer Mellor (William and Mary). "Long-Term Care and Nursing Home Coverage: Are Adult Children Substitutes for Insurance Policies?"
- October 22. 10th Annual Lourie Lecture The Evolving Practice of Medicine: A View from the Front Line. (Hendricks Chapel: 2 p.m.).
- October 29. Shelley White-Means (University of Memphis). "Caregiving and Its Consequences."
- November 5. Jan Mutchler (SUNY-Buffalo). "Child Poverty Program Participation and Intergenerational Coresidence: Evidence from the Survey of Income and Program Participation."
- November 12. M.E. Hughes (University of Chicago). "Health Transitions and Living Arrangements in Late Mid-Life."
- November 19. Jeffrey Kubik (Syracuse University). "Trends in the Receipt of Disability Transfer Program Benefits: The Role of Changing Market Opportunities."
- November 26. No Seminar - Thanksgiving.
- December 3. Monika Hienzel-Gutenbrunner (University of Marburg Germany). "Long-Standing Poverty and Poor Health: Selection or Causation?"
- December 10. Larry Manheim (Northwestern University). "The Impact of Chronic Disease on the Prevalence and Incidence of Functional Disability among the Elderly."