CPR Seminar Series
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
- August 30. Introduction and Organizational Meeting.
- September 6. Andrew Samwick (Dartmouth College) "How Will Defined Contribution Pension Plans Affect Retirement Income?" CANCELLED- to be rescheduled at a later date
- September 13. Steven Haider (RAND) "A Stock-Flow Model of the Welfare Caseload"
- September 20. Leslie King (University of Maine) "Demographic Trends and Pronatalism in the Late 20th Century" CANCELLED- to be rescheduled at a later date
- September 27. Yom Kippur -- no seminar
- October 4. Marianne Page (University of California, Davis) “A Dynamic Analysis of the Economic Costs of Growing Up in a Single Parent Family: Does Welfare Help?” (with Ann Huff Stevens)
- October 11. Jennifer Glass (University of Iowa) "Blessing or Curse? The Effects of Family Responsive Employer Policies on Mothers’ Wage Growth Over Time"
- October 18. Linda Waite (University of Chicago) "Marriage, Divorce and the Work and Earning Careers of Spouses"
- October 25. Francine D. Blau (Cornell University) "Do Cognitive Test Scores Explain Higher US Wage Inequality?" (with Lawrence M. Kahn)
- November 1. Arthur Brooks (CPR, Syracuse University) "Private Philanthropy and the Economics of Public Radio"
- ****November 8. Helen "Sunny" Ladd (Duke University) "Implementing Value-Added Measures of School Effectiveness: Getting the Incentives Right" (with Randall P. Walsh)
- November 15. Douglas Wolf (CPR, Syracuse University) "Disability Dynamics in Multiple Domains."
- November 22. Thanksgiving Break
- November 29. William Frey (University of Michigan) "Where Will the Boomers Live in Retirement: Migration and Aging in Place of America's Seniors."
- December 6. Julie Cullen (University of Michigan) "The Impact of School Choice on Student Outcomes: An Analysis of the Chicago Public Schools."
*Time change. This seminar will be held from 3:00-4:30 pm in 441 Eggers Hall.
*** November 8th is a Jerry Miner Lecture Series Speaker. Contact Kitty Nasto for more information. 443-9442 or firstname.lastname@example.org