CPR Seminar Series
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
- September 4. Dennis Epple (Carnegie Mellon). Joint seminar with/Trade Development and Political Economy Workshop (TDPE) "Admission, Tuition, and Financial Aid Policies in the Market for Higher Education."
- *September 11. John Quigley (UC Berkley). "Comparing Wealth effects: The Stock Market versus the Housing Market."
- **September 18. Roberton C. Williams III (Economics Faculty Candidate) (University of Texas). "Empirical Estimates for Environmental Policy Making in a Second-Best Setting."
- September 25. Joel Waldfogel (University of Pennsylvania). "Product Quality and Market Size."
- October 2. Economics Faculty Candidate
- October 9. Hiro Yoshikawa (New York University). "Employment Dynamics and Child Development Among Low-Income Families: Cluster Analytic, Experimental, and Ethnographic Evidence from the New Hope Project."
- October 16. Lars Osberg (Dalhousie University). "An International Comparison of Preferences for Leveling."
- October 23. Richard Hauser (Wissenschaftz College, Delmenhorst, Germany). "Inequality of the Distribution of Personal Wealth in Germany 1973-1998."
- October 30. Gordon Dahl (university of Rochester). "The Demand for Sons: Evidence from Divorce, Fertility and Shotgun Marriage."
- November 6. Chris Bollinger (University of Kentucky). "Food Stamp Usage Among Refugees and Immigrants."
- November 20. Kathy Wilson (Kent State University). "School Finance and Equally Productive Expenditure: Equal Dollars of Equal Chances for Success?"
- November 27. Thanksgiving - no seminar
- December 4. Keith Banting (Queens University, Canada). "Do Multiculturalism Policies Erode the Welfare State."
* special seminar time - 2:30 to 4:00
** special room - 112 Eggers Conference Room