CPR Seminar Series
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
- September 9. Mel Stephens (Carnegie Mellon). "The Consumption Response to Predictable Changes in Discretionary Income: Evidence from the Repayment of Vehicle Loans."
- September 23. Melissa Favreault (Urban Institute). "Reform Model Two of the President's Commission to Strengthen Social Security: Distributional Outcomes Under Different Economic and Behavioral Assumptions."
- *October 6. Richard Zeckhauser (Harvard). "Individual Assessments on Terror Risks."
- October 14. Jared Bernstein (Economic Policy Institute). "The State of Working America, 2004."
- October 21. Kerwin Charles (University of Michigan). "Male Incarceration, the Marriage Market and Female Outcomes."
- **October 26. Chris Paxson (Princeton University).
- ****October 28. Alan Krupnick (Resources for the Future in Washington) "Valuation of Natural Resource Improvements in the Adirondacks"
- ***November 4. Richard Freeman (NBER) "The Great Doubling: The Real Effect of Globalization on Labor"
- November 18. Bruce Western (Princeton) "The Prison Boom and the American Labor Market"
- December 2. Gregory Lewis (Georgia State) "Contentious and Consensus Gay Rights Issues: Public Opinion and State Laws on Non-Discrimination and Same-Sex Marriage".
* Wednesday lunch seminar, joint with Economics
** Tuesday Seminar, joint with Economics
*** joint with Economics and Trade-Political Economy
****Joint Seminar with Economics and the Associate Dean for Sponsored Research