NIA Workshops on Cross-National Issues in Aging
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
These workshops are an activity of the Center for Demography and Economics of Aging, which is funded by National Institute on Aging Grant No. P20-AG12837.
- February 9. Kajal Lahiri (SUNY-Albany). "A Structural Model of Disability Determination."
- February 16. No Seminar - Spring Break.
- February 23. MaryBeth Ofstedal (National Center for Health Statistics). "A Simultaneous Logit Model of Co-Residence Choices."
- March 2. Nandinee Kutty (Cornell University). "The Scope for Poverty Alleviation for Older Homeowners through Reverse Annuity Mortgages."
- March 8 (Wednesday). James P. Smith (RAND Corporation). "Racial and Ethnic Differences in Mortality Risks by Socio-Economic Status."
- March 9. Sam Preston (University of Pennsylvania). "Racial Differences in Old Age Mortality."
- March 16. Alvin Headen (North Carolina State University). "Fuzzy Set Indices of Health and Functional Status: Effects on Nursing Home Entry and Death."
- March 23. Steven Venti (Dartmouth College). "The Importance of IRA on Retirement Savings."
- March 30. Daniel Hamermesh (University of Texas). "ETA."
- April 6. Gary Burtless (The Brookings Institution). "Causes of United States Income Distribution Changes 1950-1989."
- April 13. Eric Hanushek (University of Rochester). "TBA."
- April 20. Matthew Murray (University of Tennessee). "Between Youth and Experience: Job Search Outcomes for Older Workers."
- April 27. Francine Blau (Cornell University). "TBA."