NIA Workshops on Cross-National Issues in Aging
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
These workshops are an activity of the Center for Demography and Economics of Aging, which is funded by National Institute on Aging Grant No. P20-AG12837.
- January 21. John Phillips (University of Pennsylvania). "Explaining Retirement Savings Shortfalls".
- January 28. Olivier Morand (University of Connecticut). "Endogenous Growth, Mobility, and Inequality."
- February 4. Agnes Quisumbing (International Food Policy Research Institute). Revised April 2000. "Individualization of Land Rights and Gender-Differentiated Inheritance in Matrilineal Sumatra: Efficiency and Equity Implications".
- February 11. Robyn Stone (International Longevity Center/Mt. Sinai Medical Center). "Long-Term Care Now and in the 21st Century."
- February 18. Chris Himes (Syracuse University). "Association Between Body Size and Mortality In Later Life".
- February 25. Irma Elo (University of Pennsylvania). "African-American Mortality, 1935-1990."
- March 4. Wei-Yin Hu (UCLA). Revised September 1999. "Immigration Assimilation and Return Migration: New Evidence from Longitudinal Data."
- March 11. Leora Friedburg (UCSD/NBER) . "The Impact of Technological Change on Older Workers."
- March 18. Spring Break - No Seminar.
- March 25. PAA Meeting - No Seminar.
- April 1. Susan Ettner (UCLA Medical Center).Revised February 2000. "The Role of Profit Status under Imperfect Information: Evidence from the Treatment Patterns of Elderly Medicare Beneficiaries Hospitalized for Psychiatric Diagnoses."
- April 8. Frank Sloan (Duke University). Revised December 1999. "Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There A Dime's Worth of Difference?"
- April 15. Eliza Pavalko (Indiana University). "Social Roles as Process: Caregiving Careers and Women's Health."
- April 22. Louise Russell (Rutgers University). Published in Decision Making in Health Care: Theory, Psychology, and Applications, 2000. "Cost Effectiveness Analysis"
- April 29. Robin Lumsdaine (Brown University). "Caregiving for Grandchildren and the Retirement Decision."