CPR Seminar Series in Aging, Labor and Public Finance
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
- January 18. Introduction and Organizational Meeting.
- January 25. Kevin Milligan (University of Toronto). "Subsidizing the Stork: New Evidence on Tax Incentives and Fertility." [Please note: This seminar will be held in the Economics Seminar Room-113 Eggers Hall starting at 4:00.]
- February 1. Andreas Waldkirch (Boston College). "Foreign Direct Investment in Mexico and NAFTA - An Empirical Assessment." [Please note: This seminar will be held in the Economics Seminar Room-113 Eggers Hall starting at 4:00.]
- February 8. Candidate
- February 16. Mark Hayward (Pennsylvania State University). "The Long Arm of Childhood: The Influence of Childhood Socioeconomic Conditions on Men's Mortality" [Please note: this seminar will be held on Friday the 16th at noon as a brown bag.]
- March 1. Denton R. Vaughan (Census Bureau). "Early Retirees under Social Security: Health Status and Economic Resources."
- March 8. John Myles (Florida State University). "Accounting for Neighborhood Inequality: Economic Segregation, Income Inequality, and the Neighborhood Distribution of Income."
- March 15. Spring Break
- March 22. Christopher Taber (Northwestern University). "The Relationship Between Wage Growth and Wage Levels."
- March 29. James Ziliak (University of Wisconsin-Madison). "Welfare Reform and Household Saving."
- April 3. Arik Levinson (Georgetown University). "Trade and the Environment: Unmasking the Pollution Haven Effect." Please note: this is a Tuesday seminar and is rescheduled from February 22.
- April 5. Richard Arnott (Boston College). "The Deadweight Loss of Alternative Property Tax Systems."
- April 12. TBA
- April 20-21. Maxwell Policy Research Symposium. "Public Policy and Entrepreneurship."
- April 26. Courtney Coile (Wellesley College). "Retirement Incentives and Couples' Retirement Decisions."
- May 2. John Micklewright (UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, Florence). "Targeting and Self-Targeting In A Transition Economy: The Mahalla Social Assistance Scheme in Uzbekistan." Please note: This date is a Wednesday.
* Note new starting and ending time.