CPR Seminar Series
441 Eggers Hall, Thursdays; 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(unless otherwise indicated)
- January 16. Organizational Meeting
- January 23. *Daniel Millimet (Southern Methodist University). "Economic Consequences of Electoral Accountability"
- January 30. David Frankel (Cornell University). "Expectations and the Timing of Neighborhood Change"
- February 4. **Hilary Hoynes (University of California-Davis). "What Mean Impacts Miss: Distributional Effects of Welfare Reform Experiments"
- February 13. Chris Richardson (U.S. Department of Justice). "Predatory Lending and Housing Disinvestment"
- February 21. ****Lawrence Wu (University of Wisconsin at Madison). "Is There An Engine of Nonmarital Fertility?"
- February 27. Ann Huff Stevens (Yale University). "What You Don’t Know Can’t Help You: Knowledge and Retirement Decision Making"
- March 5. ***Price Fishback (University of Arizona). "Federal Programs in Times of Crisis: The Impact of the New Deal on Local Economies During the Great Depression."
- March 6. No CPR Seminar due to the Jerry Miner Lecture Series Seminar
- March 13. Spring Break – No seminar
- March 20. John Allen Logan (University of Wisconsin). "A Parametric Two-Sided Model of Marriage."
- March 27. Arie Kapteyn (RAND). "Subjective Measures of Risk Aversion and Portfolio Choice."
- April 3. Jeffrey Groen (Cornell University). "Occupation-Specific Human Capital and Local Labor Markets"
- April 10. Ellen Scott (University of Oregon). "Out of Their Hands: Patching Together Care for Children when Parents Move from Welfare to Work."
- April 17. Paula England (Northwestern University). "Union Formation And Dissolution In Fragile Families."
- April 24. No CPR seminar due to Economics seminar
- May 1. Gary Engelhardt (Syracuse University). "The Impact of Employer Matching on Employee 401(k) Saving: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study"
*Joint seminar with Trade, Development and Political Economy Workshop
*** Wednesday seminar – joint with Economics
****Noon Brownbag held in CPR (441 Eggers Hall)