Costs, scholarships, and payments
We are pleased to announce that for all participants registering by 31 March 2017, the
Leadership Institute offers an early-bird discount on the training fee. Below is our schedule of fees.
|| Deadline for
|| 31 November 2018
|| 31 March 2019
|| 1 May 2019
This tuition (as stated above) includes all lunch meals during the Institute's program, three dinner meals, and transportation to local venues. Participants will incur additional costs for six (6) hotel nights as well as breakfast, their travel costs, two evening meals and any personal expenses while in Syracuse.
Participants who must extend their stay either before or after the Institute should contact Kyle Wilkinson, TNGO Initiative Graduate Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements and the fees will be adjusted accordingly.
We have been able to obtain three scholarships:
One full scholarship
This scholarship is offered through the generosity of Perrett Laver, the highly respected Executive Search firm for NGO Leaders. The scholarship covers:
- Training fee
- Travel costs
- Local accommodation
- Food expenses
- Please note that the Perrett Laver Scholarship is only available to applicants from within the Perrett Laver network through an internal selection process.
- Scholarship opportunities for general applicants are therefore limited, and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Strong priority will be given to participants who are from transnational NGOs founded in the Global South (i.e. not leaders working in the Global South but employed by Global North founded NGOs).
Two partial scholarships
These scholarships have been offered through the Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs. These scholarships cover:
- All eligible applicants will be automatically considered for the Moynihan scholarships.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis until February 28th. Therefore, we encourage scholarship eligible participants to apply early, but by February 28th at the latest.
* If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Institute and do not receive a scholarship but need funding support, please seek funding from your own organization’s donor pool.
Billing, Payment and Cancellation Information
If your application is accepted, you will receive a notice of acceptance by email. This notification will include an invoice and payment information.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations are accepted without charge of tuition if provided written notification by April 30th, 2019. Cancellations received April 1st - April 30th 2019 will be charged 25% of the total tuition fee. Cancellations between March 15th-30th, 2019 will be charged 50% of the tuition fee. Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the Leadership Institute will unfortunately result in no refund of tuition (May 19- June 2, 2019).
Acceptance of all participants is based upon the extent of significant management and leadership experience, level of responsibility within the organization, motivation, and sector, size, geographical and gender diversity.
The general application deadline is May 1st, 2019.