We recently completed the fifth TNGO Leadership Institute. Please check back soon to hear about our Participants' experiences. Please email us at email@example.com for more information on future programs.
Potential leaders focused on obtaining top transnational NGO leadership positions and executives building a succession plan for their organization carefully consider what is necessary to make a successful leadership “leap”. The Transnational NGO Leadership Institute welcomes global NGO professionals to upstate New York, USA, for a five-day, intensive and interdisciplinary program to gain skills to make this leadership “leap”.
What are the leadership “leaps”?
The program will address the following issues critical to transnational NGO leaders who wish to make the 'leap' to top leadership:
1. Leading in a Complex Context: the impact of your individual leadership styles; strategic
leadership behavior choices that increase your effectiveness; the leader as learner; leadership
vs. management; the broader landscape of actors and issues; your personal preparation for
making the next ‘leadership leap’
2. Collaboration and Crisis: the leader as communicator, team facilitator and mentor;
collaborative leadership skills; leadership in crisis situations; leadership and stress
3. Politics, Power Relationships, Negotiation and Persuasion: leadership from a political
frame; compromise versus collaboration
4. Leading and Managing Organizational Change: leading dramatic useful change and managing
organizational change processes
5. Strategic Decision-Making and Performance Management: emergent versus planned strategies;
resource planning, allocation and management
*Program Contact: Shreeya Neupane, Program Manager, Leadership Institute 2016, Transnational NGO Initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Executive Director of Clean Air Asia
Transnational NGO Leadership Institute, 2014 Participant