2018 Pre-Arrival Information for new MPA and MA IR Students
We are delighted that you have selected the Maxwell School of Syracuse University for your graduate studies in Public Administration and International Affairs! Pre-Arrival Information is posted below.
General TO DO Checklist - all students
- Activate your NET ID, SU Email and password in MySlice (Tutorial)
- SU ID Photo Submission: Submit an Electronic Photo to the SU ID Office
Please follow submission guidelines re: photo size and characteristics.
Fall arriving students can submit all per the web portal submission site.
Summer arriving students must email their photo (attached as jpg file) to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Include your name, SU ID, and that you are a New Graduate Student arriving for Summer Session II.
Deadline: No later than June 8 (summer arriving students) or June 30 (fall arrivals).
- Make housing arrangements: Housing
- Course Registration (as below)
- MPA and other summer arriving students: Register for Summer courses by June 8.
- MA IR and other fall arriving students: Make plans to participate in an online advising session.
- US Students, summer arrivals - complete FAFSA for 2016-17 & Summer Loan Application
- US Students, summer and fall arrivals - complete FAFSA for 2017-18
- Complete Academic-Year Loan Application(s) through MySlice
- Math Review/ Waiver Exam Preparation (as below)
- Review, Sign Up and Complete the ALEKS On-line Math Tutorial by Monday, August 20.
- For those wishing to take the wavier exam(s) in economics or statistics, you may begin preparing.
- Make health insurance arrangements (submit waiver, or sign up for SU Student Health Insurance Plan
Health Insurance Information and Requirements
- Submit proof of all Immunizations and complete required Health Forms as required via the secure SU Health web portal.
- Pick up your SU ID at the ID Office: 204 Steele Hall: SU ID and Internet Access
- International Students: Check in at the Slutzker Center for International Services (310 Walnut Street)
International Student Orientations - Summer and Fall
- Summer Orientation: Friday, June 29 (9 am - Noon)
- Thursday, August 17th, International Students Ice-Cream Social
- Fall Orientation: Friday, August 17.
- Drop off your official degree bearing transcript (if needed) to the PAIA Office 2015 Eggers Hall
MPA Program Summer Courses and Registration
Please complete on-line registration by June 8.
MA IR Program Courses and Registration
Arriving on Campus
New students starting
in the Summer should plan to arrive sometime within a week of the start of PA
Colloquium, which begins on Monday, July 2.
New students starting in the Fall term should plan to arrive sometime within a
week of the start of IR Orientation, which begins on Monday, August 21.
Please inform the PAIA Department of any change of address over the summer. You may send the new address to email@example.com.