Pre-Arrival Checklist for New MPA and MAIR Students
We are delighted that you have selected the Maxwell School of Syracuse University for your graduate studies in Public Administration and International Affairs! Now that you have submitted your ITR and deposit, let’s ensure you have completed the next
steps to prepare for your arrival on campus.
Summer entry: New students starting in the summer should plan to arrive within a week of the start of PA Colloquium, which begins on Monday, July 2.
Fall entry: New students starting in the fall term should plan to arrive within a week of the start of IR Orientation, which begins on Monday, August 21.
Please complete the following items below prior to your arrival on campus.
- Activate your NET ID, SU Email and password in MySlice
- Submit an Electronic Photo
Deadline: No later than June 8 (summer arrivals) or June 30 (fall arrivals).
- Make Housing Arrangements
- Register for Coursess
MPA Students, Summer Registration
Please complete on-line registration by June 8.
MAIR and Fall-Arriving Students, Program Courses and Registration
Make plans to participate in an online advising session.
- Submit Financial Forms
- US Students, summer arrivals - complete FAFSA for 2016-17 & Summer Loan Application
- US Students, summer and fall arrivals - complete FAFSA for 2017-18
- Complete Academic-Year Loan Application(s) through MySlice
- Math Review/ Waiver Exam Preparation
- Review, Sign Up and Complete the ALEKS On-line Math Tutorial by Monday, August 20.
- For those wishing to take the waiver exam(s) in economics or statistics, you may begin preparing.
- Complete Health Forms by June 15
- Submit waiver, or sign up for SU Student Health Insurance Plan
- Submit proof of all immunizations and complete required Health Forms as required via the secure SU Health web portal.
When You Arrive
Notify us at email@example.com if you have a change of address.