Pre-Arrival Checklist for New MPA, MAIR and MA PDGC Students
We are delighted that you have selected the Maxwell School of Syracuse University for your graduate studies in Public Administration. Policy and International Affairs! Now that you have submitted your ITR and deposit, let’s ensure you have completed the next
steps to prepare for your arrival on campus.
Summer Entry: The Department of Public Administration and International Affairs is encouraging in-person attendance for summer arriving MPA students though a remote option is available. Summer courses begin Tuesday, July 6 and conclude Friday, August 13, 2021. We encourage arrival within a week of the beginning of the summer term, July 6.
Fall Entry: The Fall term is expected to be fully in-person though remote options will exist, at least temporarily, so we can manage any safety/travel concerns. Orientation for the MA IR program will take place the week of August 23. New students are encouraged to arrive within a week of fall Orientation. University Fall classes commence Monday, August 30.
MA PDGC students should connect with the officials at the SI Newhouse School for information/format of summer courses. All MA PDGC students are encouraged to engage in MA IR Orientation Programming the week of August 23.
Please complete the following items below prior to your arrival on campus.
- Activate your NET ID, SU Email and password
- Submit an Electronic Photo
Deadline: No later than June 15 to SU ID Card Services & the Department of PAIA
- Make Housing Arrangements
- Register for Courses
MAIR Program Courses and Registration
- Submit Financial Forms
- US Students, Summer Loan Application
- US Students, summer and fall arrivals - complete FAFSA for 2021-22
- Complete Academic-Year Loan Application(s) through MySlice
- Math Review and Waiver Exam Preparation
- Review, Sign Up and Complete the ALEKS On-line Math Tutorial by Friday, August 20.
- For those wishing to take the waiver exam(s) in economics or statistics, you may begin preparing.
- Complete Health Forms by June 15
- Submit waiver, or sign up for SU Student Health Insurance Plan
- Submit proof of all immunizations and complete required Health Forms as required via the secure SU Health web portal.
When You Arrive
Notify us at email@example.com if you have a change of address.