Sustaining Action: A Teach-In...Building Inclusive Through Social Action
A group of Maxwell MPA and IR students have organized a second teach-in that will be held in the Maxwell Auditorium and classrooms on Friday, April 14th from 3-7pm.
success of February's teach-in, "Sustaining Action: A Teach-In" is
organized under a new theme: Building Inclusive Communities Through Social
Action. Through panels, workshops, and presentations, teach-in
facilitators will discuss how local communities have been organizing around
intersectional issues and how they are responding to new challenges.
Topics will include:
- Workshops on Privilege & Divisive Rhetoric
- Immigration & Refugee policy
- Legal Fact-Checking
- Science & Environmental Protection
- Restorative Justice Education & Disability Needs
- Health Care Policy
- Private Prison Divestment & Community-Police Relations
- Urban Housing Policy
- Freedom of the Press and First Amendment Rights
SU faculty speakers include: Jamie Winders, Gladys McCormick, Johnny Yinger, David Drieson, Thomas Dennison, Paula Johnson, and Roy Gutterman.
Contact to request accommodations