Visiting Scholar Program
Explore this unique opportunity to study and conduct research at the #1-ranked Maxwell School. The visiting scholars program is a non-degree study opportunity for public and private sector officials from around the world. The program appeals to energetic individuals who enjoy immersion and exploration in an interdisciplinary environment. Fellows typically focus on topics to increase professional competence, broaden perspective on public policy issues, or conduct in-depth research.
Upcoming Executive Training Opportunities
Learn new skills or deepen your knowledge in a specialized area. We offer a menu of flexible course options for working professionals to boost their effectiveness and ability to improve their communities.
Leading Smart Cities with Trust
- Online program
- Eight-week, non-degree professional certificate
- Open to the public. All professionals with responsibilities or interest in Smart City initiatives are eligible to apply.
- Next cohort: Fall 2024
A fast-paced professional certificate. Participants will learn from government, academia and private sector leaders to gain a solid foundation of knowledge for Smart City initiatives while building a professional network.
National Security Management
- Six-week, non-degree professional certificate
- Online (five weeks) and on campus (one week) in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Open to: senior executives: flag and general officers of the military, SES civilians, and senior and executive vice presidents in commercial enterprises. Those at the ranks of O-6/GS-15 and their commercial equivalents may also apply.
- Next cohort: Spring 2024
Join a distinguished cadre of over 2,000 alumni who form a powerful network of leaders in U.S. national security affairs. This highly regarded program develops senior executives of military, government and industry organizations to perform confidently in roles for which in-depth knowledge of national security affairs is essential.
Veterans Program for Politics and Civic Engagement
- Online and on campus in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Non-degree professional certificate
- Open to all veterans and their family members who demonstrate a strong potential for a future career in politics and an interest in running for public office
Learn the fundamentals of campaigning, fundraising, platform development, messaging and public communications, and reflect on your skills and which political offices are a good fit for you.