Application Deadline: Rolling
Applications are reviewed throughout the year and considered for the next semester period. As such, there is no firm deadline.
Applicants should have seven or more years of mid-level professional experience, including management responsibilities with some public sector work preferred.
Scholars are selected competitively based upon the following criteria:
- Experience and achievements within his/her chosen field or profession;
- A statement of their learning objectives;
- Value the participant would bring to the academic community of the Maxwell School.
Scholars may choose to study English at the University’s English Language Institute for an additional fee.
- Completed Maxwell Visiting Scholar application form
- Sponsor statement: a letter from an official of the nominating organization that describes the responsibilities of current position, career background and accomplishments
- Personal statement: outlines applicant's career development, major policy interests and personal goals
- Interview: not required; however, prospective applicants of any program are welcome to visit Syracuse. If you do plan to come for an interview, please arrange an appointment in advance by contacting Margaret Lane, Assistant Director, Executive Education for the Maxwell School at +1.315.443.3759 or email@example.com.
Fees and Expenses
The Visiting Scholar fee is $8,500.00 per semester. Additionally, a funding letter or bank statement showing the applicant’s ability to pay for the fees as well as living expenses of $13,550 is required for international applicants.