Leadership of International and Non-government Organizations
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Leadership of International and Non-government Organizations may be pursued concurrently with either an EMIR or EMPA degree or as a Stand-alone Certificate by midcareer professionals.
This 12-credit certificate reflects the increasing growth in the international public sector whereby international and non-government organizations are deeply involved in functions previously managed by national governments including service delivery, poverty reduction, conflict management, and corruption prevention.
To receive the certificate, students must take four classes one required and the other three taken in the three thematic areas. Students must secure approval from the faculty advisor prior to enrolling in the proposed courses.
- PAI 895 Executive Education Seminar
Theme 1: International Public Sector Operating Context and Key Actors
- PAI 763: Seminar on Managing NGOs in Transitional and Development Countries
- PAI 632: International Public and NGO Management
- PAI 730-16: United Nations Organizations - Managing for Change
- PAI 730-19: Humanitarian Action: Challenges, Responses, Results
Theme 2: Theme 2: Managerial Skills and Competencies
- EPAI 734: Public Budgeting
- PAI 633: Evaluation of International Programs and Projects
- PAI 747: Human Resource Management for the Public Sector
Theme 3: Policy Analysis
- PAI 775: Energy, Environment & Resource Policy
- PAI 897: Fundamentals of Public Policy
- PAI 736: Economics of Health and Health Policy
Director, Executive Education
219 Maxwell Hall 315-443-3759