What does an Alumni Ambassador do?
Engage with prospective students and your School, in person or online.
We will provide training for Ambassadors to know the latest and greatest about Maxwell, as well as best practices on how to engage prospective students, answers to common questions and more.
We want your feedback too! As an Alumni Ambassador, you will have opportunities to weigh in on how to better recruit and retain students at Maxwell, provide feedback on programming and ideas for new events.
How can I become a Maxwell Alumni Ambassador?
Here’s a quick checklist of things you need to be a top candidate for the Alumni Ambassador Program:
- Must apply by the deadline
- Must have graduated from Maxwell with an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have authentic enthusiasm for Maxwell
- Cannot be an education consultant or agent
What happens after I am selected?
- You will be required to attend a training session.
- At the training session, you will learn all the details regarding the program, expectations and commitment level along with an overview of how you will engage with prospective students.
- You will then be asked to provide updated contact information and sign an agreement.
- Wait for your Maxwell Alumni Ambassador polo shirt to arrive—and start connecting with future members of the Maxwell community!
We will begin accepting applications for the upcoming academic year in July. For questions, feedback or to indicate your interest and receive reminders, please email Maxwell's Enrollment Management team at MaxEnroll@syr.edu.
For More Information
Cory J. Meyers
Director of Enrollment Management
Christopher N. Anderson
Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
Jessica Murray G’13
Director of Alumni Relations