Ph.D. Application Deadline: January 15; Master's Application Deadline: March 1
All required application materials must be submitted by this date to ensure full consideration for admission and financial aid.
Students are admitted to the graduate program in the spring for study beginning in the fall semester. Students are not generally admitted for study beginning in the spring semester.
Graduate Application Materials
- Online application and $75 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (admitted students must have official transcripts submitted from their degree-granting institution(s))
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Résumé or CV
- Personal statement
- GRE scores are strongly recommended but not required
- English proficiency exam scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo are accepted) for international students
Admitted Graduate Students
Admission decisions and next steps information will be communicated via email to the address you listed in your online application. Additional information can be found on the graduate admission website.
2022 Forever Orange Scholarship Program
We are happy to continue our support of the Forever Orange program! Syracuse University Class of 2022 graduating seniors are eligible to apply for our master’s program and, if admitted, will receive a guaranteed 50% tuition scholarship! Please visit the SU Answers page for additional details on eligibility, participating programs and application instructions.
Financial Aid for Ph.D. Students
All admitted Ph.D. students are funded with fellowships, research assistantships or teaching assistantships. These positions carry 24 credit hours of remitted tuition plus a stipend for the academic year. Admitted students typically receive stipends for their first two summers in the program as well.
Request information about our graduate program.
Contact the Graduate Director Christopher Faricy.
Department of Political Science
100 Eggers Hall
Syracuse, NY 13244-1020