Executive Master's in IR Application Checklist and Deadlines
Applications for the Executive Master’s in IR programs in Syracuse and in Washington, D.C., are accepted year-round.
Students are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline for full consideration. Only complete applications (including TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores, if applicable) will be reviewed for admission and financial aid.
July 1 for fall entry
November 1 for spring entry
Applications are not considered complete until all materials are received.
To be considered for admission to the Executive Master’s in IR programs, applicants must:
- hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution,
- have at least seven years of work experience in a position with significant organizational responsibility, including managerial positions in the public or nonprofit sectors or related public policy development and,
- demonstrate fluency in English if you are from a non-English speaking country.
- Application fee: $75
- Personal statement
- Résumé (preferred) or CV
- The GRE: is no longer required for application to any PAIA master’s degree program; however, students with valid GRE scores are encouraged to submit them as part of their application. The school code for Syracuse University is 2823.
- English Proficiency Exam (international students only): TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores
- Transcripts: Official transcripts are not required at the time of application, but will be necessary to enroll into the program.
- Letters of recommendation: two (2) letters of recommendation from a current or previous faculty member or professional supervisor