Admissions & Finances

We are pleased that you are interested in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University.

Undergraduate Admissions

Prospective undergraduate students interested in a social science or interdisciplinary major offered by the Maxwell School and the College of Arts and Sciences should visit Syracuse University's undergraduate admissions website for application information.

Graduate and PhD Admissions

Applications to any of Maxwell's master's and doctoral programs are submitted through the Graduate School's webpage — the college of record for all graduate students at Syracuse University. When you are ready to apply, follow the instructions on the Graduate School's Admissions website.

Each department at the Maxwell School reviews applications individually and then conveys its admission recommendations to the Office of Enrollment Management on behalf of the Graduate School. (For information on the specific admissions requirements of individual Maxwell departments, please visit their websites, which are listed on the departments and program webpage.) Official offers of admission come from the dean of the Graduate School.

An application is not considered complete until all documents, including required test scores, have been received by the University. (The testing agency will send test scores directly to the University.) To verify whether all materials have been received, you may contact either the degree program to which you are applying or the Office of Graduate Enrollment Management at 315-443-4492 /

To merit prime consideration for admission and award decisions, all application documents, including test scores, must be received by the Office of Enrollment Management Center by the admissions deadline for the specific program to which you are applying.

We look forward to hearing from you and to receiving your completed application package.

Admissions & Finances details
Admissions Requirements Merit-based Aid
Cost Awards & Appointments
Health Requirements Finances, Need-based Aid
Housing & Meals Student Employment
Admissions Contacts
How to Apply
Non-discrimination Policy

Public Administration and International Affairs. Professional master's degree programs in PAIA (such as the MPA and MAIR) have applications processes and schedules specific to those programs. Visit the PAIA admissions webpage to get started.