Data Analytics for Public Policy
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Data Analytics for Public Policy is geared toward master’s and PhD students or midcareer professionals looking to gain advanced skills in managing and analyzing large amounts of data, and familiarity with the public
policy and governance issues raised by the use of new forms of data.
This 15-credit certificate may be completed as a stand-alone certificate by midcareer public policy professionals or as a concurrent certificate by students enrolled in any related graduate degree program (master’s and doctoral) at Syracuse University.
This certificate will be particularly interesting to students in the MPA, MAIR, EMPA, and EMIR programs.
CAS students complete a required 3-credit course in the Data-Driven Decision Making, and 12 additional credits of graduate coursework selected from a list of approved courses. At least 9-credits hours of work must be completed in courses with a PAI prefix.
- PAI 724: Data-Driven Management in Public Organizations
- Performance measurement and management
- Introduction to R & Python
- Data management
- Data visualization
- PAI 774: Public Policy & Program Evaluation
- PAI 789: Advanced Policy Analysis
- PAI 793: Public Sector Predictive Analytics
- GEO 683: Geographic Information Systems
- GEO 684: GIS for Urban Environments
- GEO 687: Environmental Geostatistics
- IST 664: Natural Language Processing
- IST 718: Big Data Analytics
- IST 719: Information Visualization
- IST 736: Text Mining
Assistant Director, Executive Education
219 Maxwell Hall
Director, Admissions and Financial Aid, PAIA Department
215 Eggers Hall
Contact a Certificate Advisor or visit our Admissions section for more information about how to apply and tuition.