Career Guides and Resources
As a student or alumnus of the Maxwell School, you’ll benefit from the knowledge and experience of the school’s expert career counselors and 37,000 alumni who are making a difference in their communities around the world.
To help you on your career journey, we offer the following online resources and materials on our Maxwell Answers page:
- Professional development guides: get instructions and practical tips on everything from effectively leveraging online tools like Handshake and LinkedIn to negotiating a job offer.
- Career field guides: learn more about specific career fields in public and international affairs and related employers, job search website and Maxwell courses to guide you in your journey at Maxwell and beyond.
- Recorded Job Talks and Workshops: browse and view our catalogue of recent events, many available on demand,
and request access to private talks for Maxwell students (by email request).
Current students: For quick questions or to make an appointment to receive individualized support for any of the following, please stop by 202 Maxwell Hall, email us at MaxCareers@syr.edu or call 315.443.5453.
- Career counseling
- Mock interviews and interview preparation
- Cover letter and résumé review
- Networking advice
Alumni: In addition to the online resources above, connect with the Syracuse University alumni career and professional development team via email at email@example.com or phone at 315.443.3252.