New York Camp Econometrics XVI
Friday-Sunday, April 8-10, 2022
77 Mirror Lake Drive
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Department of Economics, McGill University
Professor and William Dow Chair of Political Economy
This event is a gathering of econometricians and empirical economists whose successful goals are to:
- bring together a group of econometricians/empirical economists and guests of host universities to discuss issues in econometrics, both applied and theoretical;
- present papers for comments by participants;
- stimulate student interest in econometrics and;
- help students develop their technical presentation skills by encouraging the students of host universities to participate in the meetings, contribute to the poster session and present papers.
Paper Submission Deadline
Friday, February 11, 2022
The paper submission deadline has passed.
Registration for Camp Econometrics XVI has closed.
NY Camp Econometrics XVI Program
Participating Universities and Institutions
Participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses. The conference room rate at the Mirror Lake Inn is $218.50 (including service charge per day) per room per night.
To make your reservation, you must contact Stephanie Lange at 518.302.3030. She can be reached Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. To receive the group rate, all reservations must be made by March 8, 2022, and you must mention that you are part of the April 2022 Camp Econometrics group.
Transportation and Directions to Mirror Lake Inn
Airport Identifier: SLK - 1/2 hour driving time.
The Adirondack Regional Airport provides the only commercial air service to the Adirondack Park from Boston, M.A. Located in Lake Clear, 16 miles from Lake Placid, it offers easy access to the entire region.
Hertz and Enterprise rental cars are available on site. Commercial flights are available through Cape Air: 800.352.0714 or www.flycapeair.com. For more information, including general aviation info, visit the Adirondack Regional Airport’s web site. Airport Phone: 518.891.4600, Ticket Counter: 518.891.2290.
2.5 hours driving time.
Amtrak operates between New York City and Montreal – local stop in Westport, N.Y. (40 miles from Lake Placid). For information call 1-800-USA-RAIL. Shuttle bus service to Lake Placid must be arranged with a reservation: 518.523.0294.
Tax Exempt Status
To waive the taxes on your hotel accommodations you must either:
- Pay with a university credit card or
- One of the following Tax Exempt Certificates must accompany your reservation request to receive tax-exempt status: NYS TAX EXEMPTION - Form AC-946– or – ST-129 from each person claiming exemption if they are paying with cash, personal check or credit card and is an employee of New York State or a state-run facility (if state voucher is used no form is needed).
Past Conference Information
The Center for Policy Research, Syracuse University
Melvin A. Eggers Fund, The Maxwell School
Economics Department, Syracuse University
Office of Academic Affairs, Syracuse University
For additional Camp Econometrics XVI information please contact: