- Syracuse University North Campus Monday Mile: Begins at the Schine Student Center
- Syracuse University South Campus Monday Mile: Begins outside of Goldstein Student Center
Check out Syracuse University’s north campus Monday Mile route on Google maps:
City of Syracuse:
- City-County Monday Mile (City Start): Begins outside of City Hall
- City-County Monday Mile (County Start): Begins outside of County Executive Building
- Near Westside Monday Mile (English): Begins at the corner of Marcellus and Wyoming Streets.
- Near Westside Monday Mile (Español): Begins at the corner of Marcellus and Wyoming Streets.
Syracuse City Parks
- Barry Park Monday Mile
- Burnet Park Monday Mile
- Thornden Park Monday Mile
- Schiller Park Monday Mile
- Sunnycrest Park Monday Mile
- Upper Onondaga Park Monday Mile
- Onondaga Creek Parkway (Kirk Park) Monday Mile
- Upstate University Hospital Monday Mile (Community Campus)
- Upstate University Hospital Monday Mile (Downtown Campus)
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Monday Mile
Parks in Onondaga County:
Note: some of these parks charge admission.
- Beaver Lake Monday Mile: This route follows the Woodland trail and begins near the visitor center.
- Gateway Park Monday Mile: This route begins at the playground of Gateway Park.
- Highland Forest Monday Mile: This route follows the Limestone trail which begins near the Skyline Lodge
- Jamesville Beach Monday Mile: Look for the start sign outside the visitor center. This loop heads south from the visitor center around the beach parking lot then follows the park road past the balloon field and ticket booth. It continues south on the park road toward the special event field.
- Onondaga Lake Park Monday Mile: This route is located on the East Shore Recreation trail and begins outside of the Griffin visitor center.
Madison County Monday Miles
We’ve been hard at work with the Madison County Rural Health Council and are excited to introduce Monday Mile routes across Madison County. You can download a Monday Mile route with the links below:
- Brookfield Town Monday Mile
- Canastota Monday Mile
- Cazenovia Monday Mile
- Chapman Park Monday Mile
- Chittenango Creekwalk Monday Mile
- DeRuyter Track Monday Mile
- DeRuyter Town Monday Mile
- Hamilton Community Memorial Hospital Monday Mile
- Hamilton Public Library Monday Mile
- Morrisville Monday Mile
- New Woodstock Free Library Monday Mile
- Oneida Rail Trail Monday Mile
- Stockbridge Town Monday Mile
Indoor Monday Mile Routes
Stay moving all year long with our indoor Monday Mile routes:
- Bridgeport Elementary Monday Mile
- Chittenango High School Monday Mile
- Oneida Recreation Center Monday Mile
We’re on the map!
View the Madison County Monday Miles in Google Maps:
Madison County Monday Mile routes now have QR code signs! Little will help us track which Monday Miles you use most often. Your participation is important to us—that's why we want to improve our future Monday Mile routes! Before you start walking, check into your Monday Mile by following these easy steps:
- Open your phone camera.
- Hold your phone steady for 2-3 seconds toward the QR code (Note: do not take a photo of the code).
- Click on the link (at the top of your screen) to open the link from the QR code.
- Choose the Monday Mile you’re walking today.
- Click the arrow at the bottom of the screen.
Walk with a Doc
The Lerner Center, in collaboration with the Madison County Rural Health Council, launched the Walk with a Doc program in Madison County.
Walk with a Doc was established in Columbus, Ohio, where Dr. David Sabgir was frustrated with the lack of lifestyle change he saw in his patients. He invited them to join him for a walk on a Saturday morning and to his surprise over 100 people showed.
He coined these walks “Walk with a Doc.” Now, this program is nation-wide: a local provider gives information on a health topic and then leads a walk in the community.
We’ve had several successful Walk with a Docs on our Monday Miles in Madison County. This program has been a fun and effective way to increase awareness about the Monday Mile, foster socialization among Madison County residents and connect residents with healthcare providers. These events are kid and dog friendly—there are plenty of handouts and prizes for all!